Ford Edge Engine Noise

buckster

I purchased a new edge limited on april 9th of 2008 and have had it in the shop 4 seperate times trying to have a valve type rattle solved with no success. The car has been in the shop for 22 days and even with the ford regional reps involved their is nothing but parts changing going on. I was told it was a noise which was inherent in the engine due to a lean fuel burn, however, my vehicle is excessively loud to the point of extreme. I have driven 5 others and have not had this same problem.

Any suggestions?

Frustrated in Florida

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased a new edge limited on april 9th of 2008 and have had it in the shop 4 seperate times trying to have a valve type rattle solved with no success. The car has been in the shop for 22 days and even with the ford regional reps involved their is nothing but parts changing going on. I was told it was a noise which was inherent in the engine due to a lean fuel burn, however, my vehicle is excessively loud to the point of extreme. I have driven 5 others and have not had this same problem.

Any suggestions?

Frustrated in Florida

Talk to your Service Manager about Lemon Lawing the car and replacing it with another. My brother went through it with a 2005 Mustang....it was a pain, but Ford gave him the credit back on the car, and he replaced it with a 2007 Gt Vert.

Good luck!