Sound from factory DVD system?

Hi. I own a 2007 Lincoln MKX. I bought it used and it has a factory installed DVD system (in headrests) but it came without any headsets. Can you listen to the dvd through the radio speakers somehow? If not, how the heck can my kids get to hear their movies?

Hi lwcoleman. :D Yes, you can listen to the audio through the speaker system. Also you can purchase a compatible set of wireless headphones to replace the missing ones (it comes with wireless headphones and a wireless remote control from the factory), or you can purchase a pair of wired headphones and plug them into the jacks.

All of this is explained in the Owners Manual. It would be best to take a look at the manual for the detailed instructions on how to operate the DVD system.

If you did not get a copy of the Owners manual when you purchased your MKX, you can download an online copy here: LINK: Owners Manuals Hover your cursor over the "Maintenance" tab, then click on "Owners Manuals". Fill in the proper information in the drop down boxes and download the Manual to your computer.

Personally, I would recommend getting headphones (wired or wireless). It will keep the little darlings happier and quieter. :runaway:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530