New Sync Version

Damn I want that.. for 1 reason only.. the weather info. That has been one of the items I listed as an upgrade I wanted to see added... and there it is.. very cool. I knew they could do it, just not sure how they would be delivering the data to the car, but delivering it via the Sirius stream (a.k.a. Sirius Travel Link) coming to your car (like their TV channels) was the way to get it done. bitchen.

So for those of us with the Sync, Nav, Sirius system - which is what they have here in the video - I pray that we can upgrade to this. It seems like it would be very easy to update our existing navs to this system as all the real key changes look to be software so either an update (I would even pay for this) and/or a new DVD should get it done.

The system interface looks basically the same, just software retooled to have a neater more modern layout/colors, they moved some onscreen buttons around and added some others.

The big issue would be we do not have the "I" button to take us to the Sirius Travel Link feature... so not sure how that get worked around as that is the 1 hardware difference I can 'see'

I read this elsewhere, "Committed to continually improving in-car connectivity, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicle owners that have either factory- or dealer-installed SYNC will be able to upgrade the system’s software and access future features and functions.".. I hope they mean this in system as well as already announced 911 and Health feature coming in the Fall.

Edited by Lex Talionis

oh.. and BTW... you can't make a new route while driving for 'legal' reasons.. :drop: but you can now check sports scores mind you, find movies in your area, view gas prices, see local traffic snarls.... all while you drive?!?! oh lord... somehow the huge legal brains decided we can safely manage all of that in their eyes :doh: