MKX Cooled Seats

jlight

Hello everyone - I live in S FL and test drove (again) another MKX today and have a question about the cooled seats:

1.) Does the cooling function just cool the seat bottom

2.) Does the cooling function cool both the seat bottom and the seat back?

I couldn't tell, please let me know?

Thanks!

I thought it came through the back cushion, but it does not. What I feel is air movement from the cushion moving up my lower back. Seems to give cooling relief in that area, so I guess it is cool enough for us.

Edited by Grey

Thanks for the note, they seem great but in the car I test drove I could only feel the cooling on the bottom of the seats and I could feel great circulation -- I could not however feel anything cooling on the seat back, perhaps it was a fluke?

Thanks for the note, they seem great but in the car I test drove I could only feel the cooling on the bottom of the seats and I could feel great circulation -- I could not however feel anything cooling on the seat back, perhaps it was a fluke?

Not a fluke.

No air to the seat back on our 08, after reading this I checked for air ducts going to the seat back, no duct.

It was 93 today I was in the MKX most of the afternoon, turned the seat on a couple of times on low, didn't use but :10 of the :30 timer each time. This is the major reason we bought the MKX instead of the Edge, so far we are more than happy with the seats.

I'm predicting 105 by Aug and we'll be using the high setting for a few minutes then switching to low.

ab

The heated and cooled seats have lower and upper heat/cool units built into the seat w/blower in both upper and lower cushion. The switch controls both upper and lower cushion. As for my 08 MKX the upper cushion on A/C setting is not as cold as the bottom. Hope this helps.

Bill

Edited by BEECH302

Bill,

Thanks so much for the info. I though there may have been some slight cooling of the seat back on the MKX that I drove... I could with out question feel some MAJOR cooling on the seat bottom which will be great as I live in S. FL and am considering a black on black MKX.

• 1 month later...