Passenger side front door alignment

milkman1960

2008 limited AWD, I noticed the door was not aligned properly from the factory. Since I have built, painted many cars I decided I would adjust it myself. It is just 4 bolt and a easy job. I loosened the bolts and tried moving the top of the door in, it moved alittle but not enough because the bolts were at there limits in the holes of the door hinges. I decided to take it in and let the dealer look at it, sure enough they called and was asking me if I wanted them to file the holes larger or grind the shouldered bolt. I told them to go ahead and file the bolts holes, I do not think it will take much to get the door to align properly.

This is the only problem I have had and am truely loving the EDGE.

Both of our front doors are off, a lot. Seems to be a pretty common problem.

Of the 10 or so on the lot ours was the worst, but a couple were close.

I pointed it out to our salesman, he acted like he had never seen anything like it before ( :hysterical: ). I also mentioned that our crossover trade in (BMW) would never have made it to the ship with misalignments like this. We agreed to wait till the first oil change (or warranty work).

ab

Both of our front doors are off, a lot. Seems to be a pretty common problem.

Of the 10 or so on the lot ours was the worst, but a couple were close.

I pointed it out to our salesman, he acted like he had never seen anything like it before ( :hysterical: ). I also mentioned that our crossover trade in (BMW) would never have made it to the ship with misalignments like this. We agreed to wait till the first oil change (or warranty work).

ab

That's exactly what I was thinking, I have owned many fords and everyone has had to be taken back for one reason or another when new. The Subaru's, the Honda, the Toyota never had to do anything but drive them. Not Complaining mind you it's just obvious fords quality control has a some gaps.