Water standing in both front doors

KCFlyer

I have a 2008 FWD that seems to hold rainwater in both front doors. When you open the door after a rain, about a cup of water gushes out on your shoes. I've checked the drain holes in the bottom of the door, and they are open. The water seems to sit inside of the rubber gasket around the door. I've never seen any signs of moisture on the rug.

I plan on mentioning this to the dealer on the next visit. Anyone else see this?

I have a 2008 FWD that seems to hold rainwater in both front doors. When you open the door after a rain, about a cup of water gushes out on your shoes. I've checked the drain holes in the bottom of the door, and they are open. The water seems to sit inside of the rubber gasket around the door. I've never seen any signs of moisture on the rug.

I plan on mentioning this to the dealer on the next visit. Anyone else see this?

Hi KCFlyer. :D This is normal and nothing to worry about. It just has to do with the angle of the gaskets, positioning of the drain holes, angle you happen to be parked at, etc etc. The door is just holding water until the angle is changed to allow it to drain.

But if it will help you rest easier, bring it to the attention of your Dealers Service Department next time you have your car in.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I have noticed this many, many times.. especially when washing the car. open the door and splash...

I have determined that the water is being held by the lower plastic black molding where it meets the metal of the door. there is a gap there between the molding and the door and it sits right in there. seems like a flaw to me, albeit minor, as I have never owned a car where this happens.

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 11 months later...
I have noticed this many, many times.. especially when washing the car. open the door and splash...

I have determined that the water is being held by the lower plastic black molding where it meets the metal of the door. there is a gap there between the molding and the door and it sits right in there. seems like a flaw to me, albeit minor, as I have never owned a car where this happens.

I have noticed this everytime I wash my car...with all 4 doors. I open the doors and wipe down the water from the bottom of the trim on the door. I also have to wipe off the soap from the rubber trim around the body where it meets the door trim.

I have had my 2008 Edge for 6 months, since Dec 3, 2008.