Flitz'd Some Chrome

'17 Titanium. New to me, less than 6 weeks. Car came "detailed". Guess that means washed and wiped down? ... ? I didn't really expect it to be professionally detailed. Looked pretty good, anyway. Except, there are water spots on all the chrome. Didn't really bother me, until it did. I tried some cleaners I had around, didn't do much to the chrome. Then remembered the Flitz! Got that out, taped off a section, and went at it. Wow!! I really didn't realize how dirty chrome can get and not look like it. You can see in the pic the section I did and how much dirt came out of the chrome. Or is that just the Flitz turning color? Anyway, the section of chrome now shines! And is super smooth. The problem now is how to do the rest of the chrome? I won't have the arm endurance to do that whole car by hand, like I did that small section. Was thinking of getting a Flitz Ball, maybe the 2" and 5". Just wondering if I truly need to tape off all the sections I polish? Can do, if necessary. Anyway, here's a pic of the section and how much crud the rag picked up. And it isn't an exceptionally absorbent rag (meaning some may be left on the chrome).

20181223_075900.jpg.a0fc4257ce465ce7c3a844563db43bd2.jpg

This is what the chrome looks like before hitting it with Flitz.

20181223_075919.jpg.f0c32363bc64f6e70a17987e4bd8da08.jpg

• Like 1

2 things to add: 

1. Hand Condoms
  2. Ibuprofen

Recommend both. Done and dusted. And waxed! Did all the door/window trim and the front grill. Really shines. Doesn't show up too much in photos, so no photos. But yeah, worth the effort. Tomorrow, on the other hand, I'm gonna be hurtin'.