DriveBright LED tail lights 2007 Edge question

The kit you linked is for LED bulbs only and would not apply to your vehicle.

You can't easily convert the older lights where the brakes and turn signals share the same red bulb to a newer style with separate turn signals because the turn signal switch is designed to combine the signals onto a single wire.  I don't know if a newer turn signal switch will fit but that would involve additional wiring as well.

18 hours ago, CivicSi907 said:

My driver side parking light (led strip) isn‘t lighting anymore. What can I do?

I was not aware that a 2007 Edge had an LED accent light.  I know the later models (2011+) added them in the bumper.  I have attached a photo of a 2007 front end...where are these lights located?

2007EdgeFrontEnd.jpg

8 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Referring to the DriveBright kit, not OEM.  Part of the taillight design.  Seen here:

https://drivebright.com/shop/ford-edge-led-tail-light-set-standard-2007-2010-save-20-00/

Yes, but the DriveBright kits (LED taillights) didn't add capabilities that weren't there before - the taillights still only had red lenses (no amber turn signals) on the 2007-2010 models.  That clear portion in the lens is the backup lights.  There would be no way to split the turn signal from the brake lights without either rewiring with a separate turn signal wire from the turn signal switch or adding some sophisticated electronics that connected both side lamps to determine what combination of brakes and signals were in use (i.e. you could activate amber signals on one side by determining whether the power was flashing or steady but then how do you tell if the brakes are also on unless you check the other side taillight).

• Like 1