Help! Need to repair 2017 Edge SPort Blinker on right side mirror.

FINFAN3DP

Well, I feel like an idiot, but caught the little lip of the turn signal on the garage door opening, and cracked JUST the signal.  Has anyone replaced just one of these?  I'm guessing the painted cover above it is on with clips?  I don't want to go prying on it if it is bolted from behind the mirror glass.  Has anyone replaced one of these before?  If you did, is there a video, or could you walk me through it?  I have included a pic of the signal that needs to be replaced.

edgeblinker copy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to do it myself.  Local Ford dealer wanted $300.  I bought the part on ebay for $18.99, and fixed it myself.   For those about to attempt, pry the white cover (or whatever color edge you have) off with a plastic spackle knive.  Be careful on the inside towards the door, and it will come off without breaking the clips.  Then simply pop out the mirror by pushing all the way in on the bottom then pulling the top of the mirror, it will pop right out.  I just set it to the side plugged in, and it didn't go anywhere.  Then behind where the mirror was, you will see two cone shaped divots towards the front casing.  You will need a torx bit to remove two screws at the bottom of those cone shaped holes.  once you have those screws out, simply pull the old signal out, and replace it with the new one, and put it back together!  DoNE!

• Like 1