Home Link Problems

blacklimited

Just picked up my new 2008 Edge Limited, Black on Black with the 20" wheels, its awesome. I will get some pics soon. I was playing around with the Sync which is awesome and the homelink, which i can't get to work. I tried everything in the manual and on the website. It says it is compatable with my craftsman garage door opener, but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone have similar problems? does anyone know how to get it to work? Any tricks?

Thanks

Just picked up my new 2008 Edge Limited, Black on Black with the 20" wheels, its awesome. I will get some pics soon. I was playing around with the Sync which is awesome and the homelink, which i can't get to work. I tried everything in the manual and on the website. It says it is compatable with my craftsman garage door opener, but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone have similar problems? does anyone know how to get it to work? Any tricks?

Thanks

If it's a rolling code opener (most new ones are) you have to press the Learn button on the opener. Check the opener's owner's manual.

If it's a rolling code opener (most new ones are) you have to press the Learn button on the opener. Check the opener's owner's manual.

Thanks for the reponse, but i tried that and i get no response. All i get when i push the button after that is a slow beep it does not go solid like it is supposed to. Not sure why it won't work with my garage door opener, but it is starting to drive me crazy.

any other ideas?

thanks

Thanks for the reponse, but i tried that and i get no response. All i get when i push the button after that is a slow beep it does not go solid like it is supposed to. Not sure why it won't work with my garage door opener, but it is starting to drive me crazy.

any other ideas?

thanks

Are you able to teach the homelink from the original remote? I think I did that first, then pressed the learn button on the opener, then pressed the programmed home link button and held it for a few seconds.

Are you able to teach the homelink from the original remote? I think I did that first, then pressed the learn button on the opener, then pressed the programmed home link button and held it for a few seconds.

Thanks everyone for there feedback, i finally got it working. Thanks again.