2012 Edge 2.0 locate canister purge valve

Bigbob

The 2012 2.0 liter is throwing  codes P144C and PO456.  My research indicates it is likely a bad EVAP  canister  purge control valve.  I found videos and photos of the 6 cylinder Edge, and tons of info on the Focus.  My guess is it is beneath the air breather like on the Focus but cannot confirm.   It's too bad because at 67000 miles it just received a new turbo, high pressure fuel pump, and catylitic converter.   I would like to repair myself rather than taking it in again.  

I just did the one on daughter's 2014 Escape 2.0L.   Once you get the replacement part it should be pretty easy to locate on the right side of the engine.   On the Escape I had to remove the wipers and cowl and air intake to get to it.   Edge probably has a little more room.

One thing to remember that isn't pointed out anywhere online that I could see is that the plastic clips work this way:

you pull out the square clip on the bottom and then you push in on the curved flush button on top to release it.   I spent about 2 hours prying that recessed button off 4 different clips before I figured that out.  Thanks youtube.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...