Voice Activated DVD Navigation System

Djski

I just took delivery of an Edge SEL with the voice activated DVD Nav System. I live in Germany and the US Map is useless to me at this time. Is there a Pioneer European Map DVD compatible with this system? If so, how can I get it?

• 2 weeks later...
I just took delivery of an Edge SEL with the voice activated DVD Nav System. I live in Germany and the US Map is useless to me at this time. Is there a Pioneer European Map DVD compatible with this system? If so, how can I get it?

Hi Djski,

I have the same problem. I just imported a Lincoln MKX (copy of the Ford Edge with the same navigation system) to the UK and I'm looking for a European DVD. But apparently nobody is able to provide such a DVD.... Have you been able to find a DVD yet?

Regards

Pej

Sure, they sent me a letter and said: Due to the fact, that NAVTEQ does not produce any DVD maps for Ford Europe, we do not have any European maps for your navigationsystem in our program." Also Ford (US and Europe) answered me the same.

The Ford (US) DVD navigation system has the Ford part# 8L7T-18K931-BC (http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=41366) and is actually a Pioneer device. However, also Pioneer (US and Europe) denied my requests for European DVDs.

I guess there might be a compatible DVD in Europe wich has the needed format. The question is just wich one is it.......???

We can't test the 20+ different DVD maps on the market. I think we must know which DVD is compatible and very likely we additionaly have to change something on the device. Like a software update or hardware upgrade to get it working with European DVDs.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi Djski,

I have the same problem. I just imported a Lincoln MKX (copy of the Ford Edge with the same navigation system) to the UK and I'm looking for a European DVD. But apparently nobody is able to provide such a DVD.... Have you been able to find a DVD yet?

Regards

Pej

I just moved from Canada to Austria, and am trying to register / insure my Edge (2008 Limited). I need to change the tail-lights to correspond with the European standards, and am wondering if anyone can help me by telling me where they got theirs, as well as the cost (ballpark)? Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...