New 2008 Ltd Edge Owner - and New to Forum!

NewEd-JaOwner

So we picked up our new Edge today...and besides being a little scared to drive it (we're in NYC, so the roads are filled w/ crazy drivers, which i can be one of at times, of course LOL), i'm so excited!

we went for the ice blue and black interior. never thought we'd end up with either of those colors, but we saw one on the floor and changed our first choice from creme brulee to the ice blue. we got FWD, as the streets in NYC don't require AWD and we wanted to save on gas (good heavens - $4.50 a gallon!?)

went for the power liftgate cuz of the fact that we have 2 dogs and a baby, but i still am in awe at how much comes std on the edge. i can't wait to get a little more brave and take it out for a drive! soooo excited about SYNC!

anyone have any idea how the sirius radio works after the forst 6 free months? do they contact you or do you have to contact them?

thanks!

My Serius ran out last month. They will send you a letter in the mail about renewing. I've received 2 letters so far.

Does anyone know how much the renew rates are, i was given two different panflets from the dealer and on is like $50 dollars for 1 year and the other is $140 dollars per year, one was 06 rates and the other was 07 rates. I was also told that if you sign up for it at the dealer and roll it into your car payment you can save a ton, but i was never offered this. ohh well, i guess ill deal with it when the time comes.

• 3 weeks later...
So we picked up our new Edge today...and besides being a little scared to drive it (we're in NYC, so the roads are filled w/ crazy drivers, which i can be one of at times, of course LOL), i'm so excited!

we went for the ice blue and black interior. never thought we'd end up with either of those colors, but we saw one on the floor and changed our first choice from creme brulee to the ice blue. we got FWD, as the streets in NYC don't require AWD and we wanted to save on gas (good heavens - $4.50 a gallon!?)

went for the power liftgate cuz of the fact that we have 2 dogs and a baby, but i still am in awe at how much comes std on the edge. i can't wait to get a little more brave and take it out for a drive! soooo excited about SYNC!

anyone have any idea how the sirius radio works after the forst 6 free months? do they contact you or do you have to contact them?

thanks!

I have the same exact colors and car but didn't go for the navigation since I don't travel that far. I am also in New York, (Queens) and have the Edge about 2 weeks. It is quite attractive to most people, I get compliments daily. Vista Roof etc.

My gas mileage so far is poor averaging 14.9 - 15.4 and driving an average of 24-27 miles an hour in traffic. I have had it up to 65-68 for short runs but no real improvement in gas.

I have the 20" Alum. Rims, they look so sharp, I just put the real good quality locks on them $32.00 to protect from NY thieves who cruise around late at night and jack them up and leave you with a car on cinder blocks. I'm not taking any chances!

One of the things I feel good about is I found a molding supplier who makes a 1 inch for all around the rear and front bumpers, looks like factory made and adds class to the Edge. Dealers wanted upwards of $250.00 for this protection, I did it myself for under $50.00, now my front and rear bumpers have nice protection and look sharp. I didn't want to get those ughly rubber door mats that people have been seen with all over the boro's of Manhattan and Queens etc. They look so tacky and take alot away from the good looks.

If anyone needs help with there bumpers hit me up for info.