Muffler/exhaust options

cambo

Okay, so i am a little new to car mods and such. I am interested in putting another muffler type system on the car. My edge (white sand, FWD, vista roof, sel) looks so cool but is so darn quiet. Anyway, i have been doing some research on the forum and found several people who have done mods. As i understand from looking under the car the exhaust funnels down into what looks like the first muffler (i herd it has two mufflers) and then continues on to a second muffler which then splits into the dual exhaust outlets.

Now, here is the catch. The car is leased and i want to be able to take the car back to the muffler shop and put the old system back on when i turn in the car. So, is there a way to set this up so as to replace only the 2 mufflers with less restrictive after markets or is there going to be a bit more surgery than that.

Thanks in advanced

Cameron

BTW, got 21mpg on the last tank 60/40 freeway/city

Okay, so i am a little new to car mods and such. I am interested in putting another muffler type system on the car. My edge (white sand, FWD, vista roof, sel) looks so cool but is so darn quiet. Anyway, i have been doing some research on the forum and found several people who have done mods. As i understand from looking under the car the exhaust funnels down into what looks like the first muffler (i herd it has two mufflers) and then continues on to a second muffler which then splits into the dual exhaust outlets.

Now, here is the catch. The car is leased and i want to be able to take the car back to the muffler shop and put the old system back on when i turn in the car. So, is there a way to set this up so as to replace only the 2 mufflers with less restrictive after markets or is there going to be a bit more surgery than that.

Thanks in advanced

Cameron

BTW, got 21mpg on the last tank 60/40 freeway/city

I have never been under an Edge, but my guess is that the first set of "mufflers" are the catalytic converters, also known as "cats". So what you want is a "cat back" system, meaning from the back of the cats to the end of the exhaust tip. Most systems slide out of the stock fittings on the cats, so putting the stock system back on should not be a problem. But, just in case, ask the muffler shop that installs the system if they will be able to put the stock system back on before having them doing anything to your Edge, and make SURE that they give you the stock system when you pick up your Edge afer the installation. Gibson Exhaust makes them for trucks, but maybe they also make them for cars.

Good Luck!