2018 Edge Aftermarket Options

Hello All,

I have a 2018 Edge Titanium with the Sony package without navigation.  I am looking to upgrade to an aftermarket system.  I have been reading a bit online, but it seems a little fuzzy as to what can be done and what can't.  It seems that simply adding an amp, speakers and sub isn't just plug and play anymore.  I saw there are a few things that can be done using Forscan to get a flat signal from the head unit, but also saw having to modify the DSP in order to get the right frequency's, again its a little fuzzy to me.  I'm not opposed to replacing the head unit all together to ease the installation, but also don't want to mess anything up by removing the head unit (not sure what features would be lost if removed).  I've also seen a wire harness on the net that simply plugs in to the stock unit and adds an RCA out for an aftermarket amp.  The fit and form part I'm not worried about, its the function that I'm in the dark with.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Just trying to plan it all out before I'm past the point of no return.  Thanks

head over to crutchfields website. you can search what your looking for there and itll give you the accessories your need . a lot of the vehicles with steering wheel controls need different harnesses etc to keep  the steering wheel buttons functioning. crutchfield also has a great tech support dept for any questions   you may have

I checked them out previously, but they don't have too much other then simply adding on to the existing amp for around $300.  This is basically it.  https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP4FD21/PAC-AmpPRO-AP4-FD21-Amplifier-Replacement-Interface.html I'd prefer to bypass that all together so the factory amp can be removed from the vehicle.  I will keep looking around to see what I can find. Thanks for the input.

• 1 month later...