Wheels keep going out of balance

Craiger

Anybody ever have an issue with aftermarket wheels getting out of balance frequently? I've had my new wheels on for only a couple months, and have already had them balanced twice. Getting a little frustrating. I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope somebody might have some recommendations.

Thanks!

Is this the same as alignment? Mine were perfect when I bought it and then within the first week I was still adapting and was having trouble estimating the largness of the vehicle and I clipped a curve with my front wheel. After that it kept shifting to the left on the highway only. So, I told them they aligned it. But I sort of feel as if it is beginning to shift to the left again after a couple of weeks. I am frustrated too even though it's not much to go on. I didn't know it could be the tires.

Anybody ever have an issue with aftermarket wheels getting out of balance frequently? I've had my new wheels on for only a couple months, and have already had them balanced twice. Getting a little frustrating. I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope somebody might have some recommendations.

Thanks!

Is this the same as alignment? Mine were perfect when I bought it and then within the first week I was still adapting and was having trouble estimating the largness of the vehicle and I clipped a curve with my front wheel. After that it kept shifting to the left on the highway only. So, I told them they aligned it. But I sort of feel as if it is beginning to shift to the left again after a couple of weeks. I am frustrated too even though it's not much to go on. I didn't know it could be the tires.

The tires may be moving on the rim.

Mark the rim & tire with a piece of chalk or grease pen.

Take it out for a drive and try braking hard (when safe to do so). Do this a few times and look at the marks to see if they line up. You may find that it has moved which indicates that the tires are not seated properly on the rim. You may have to take it back to where they were mounted. This is a common problem that most over look. The only other thing I can think of is a problem with the tires or rims.

Hope this helps,

Jaak