Hi, I'm new to forum and a 2014 Edge SE with no push button start and no power liftgate. Can some help me find the correct kit to add remote start. I saw a few post down but that person had the power lift gate option. I found the kit on Ebay but not sure if it correct or can be found at a better price. TIA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-Ford-Edge-Remote-Start-Plug-and-Play-Easy-Install-DIY-3X-Lock/113595028583?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D57475%26meid%3Dca9ecc535aad40a5a75b4d0cae385bc8%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D253685995654%26itm%3D113595028583&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I bought this unit from Ford Fairway, (living in Canada and trying to buy some stuff from the USA can be a PIA) anyway I finally got it but did not install as yet. It came with one key, I took the key to an Auto Service centre ( Canadian Tire) and was told I can only get it programmed at the dealership. is this accurate? Can I not get it cut and do the FOB-learning process or is that different from the key programming?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-thru-14-Edge-OEM-Genuine-Ford-Remote-Starter-Kit-Single-Key-FACTORY-NEW/161653104823?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Here is the reason for my asking. 

I had also bought a knockoff key (without remote start button) from ebay and had it cut at Home Depot for free, buddy said i'm SOL if it does not work. I did the FOB learning process and it would lock and unlock the doors but the key does not start engine. Why? did I get a dud or is the FOB learning process in manual different from key programming from the dealership.

I don't want to screw up the OEM key that came with the remote starter.

I would like to do this complete instal myself. I have the Forscan info for Hood Switch and Remote start. I think I can. I already did the turn signal to 6 blinks instead 3. Thanks for your replies.

Edited by Menthol
add link

Ok, I've hit a hiccup. Vehicle 2014 SE, no heated seats or wheel and no power liftgate. I've installed the antenna and hood switch. I've set the remote to on and the options on the display, the key working to lock/unlock and start car. The remote start will not work. I cannot find the option in BCM (not as built) to enable the hood switch or perimeter alarm. Those 2 options are not in there. Can someone help with this. I have the adapter hooked up to a netbook and it seems to be functioning correctly as I was able to change the number of signal blinks, set the remote on (0148) and set it to show in the display (IPC change) last setting or auto for the remote start temperature setting.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by Menthol