Ordered my Edge today.

92merc

My local Ford dealer already has two on order. And that's his allocation for now. Won't be able to order any more until November. Well, technically they can, but the order won't be pulled for production until end of Novemeber.

The two they already have coming I'm not interested in. One stripped down, the other is a fully loaded AWD. Those won't be in until December sometime. Or at least that's what they're being told now. I'm on the list to test drive one. But if I didn't order now, I wouldn't be able to again until January-ish. According to allocations anyway. Don't know how true it all is. So that's why I just decided to order one up now and get in line.

But I put a FWD SEL loaded on paper. Blazing Copper, Camel Interior. Basically fully loaded. Panoramic roof, but 17" painted wheels. Didn't want 18's. So if all goes well, I'll have me a birthday present in January! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

We just ordered our new 2007 Ford Edge SEL - AWD last Thursday, October 5th. We got the Blazing Copper Metallic with the Camel interior along with the SEL Plus Seating Flexibility Package & Premium Package. The other options are the 18" painted aluminum wheels, DVD navigation system, Panoramic power vista roof, reverse sensing system, rear cargo mgmt system. With the X plan discount we are able to add the DVD navigation system free since the total cost for us will be around $32,000 USD. Our delear indicated that we should be able to get it by Thanskgiving and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Looking forward to having it as soon as possible. :shift: :cheerleader: