2009 Factory Sony Nav system

OK, cool. Thanks for the info. How big is the external amp and where does it go? Does it just get crammed back behind the nav unit or is there another place for it somewhere? I'm fine with doing the work, and can track down the Sirius cable. I found a guy on eBay who can program these units if you give him the necessary info, so that should save me from either buying the equipment myself or buying a lot of beer for the local guy...although I don't really mind the latter. I know I'll have a little harder time tracking down the silver-colored Lincoln version of the Nav to make it look like it belongs in the dash, but I'm OK with that. Aside from the Sirius cable, it sounds like an easy deal to do at home.

So now I have to start looking for the nav unit. I'll post my results here once I get it.

If you go back a few post I show some pictures in the last picture it shows the amp just below the nav unit. It probably measures 8 x 6

• 2 years later...

I forgot to mention you need the external amp with the harness and the sirius antenna gets plugged into the radio instead of the external satellite receiver module so you would need an satellite extension harness.

Mate, I've been searching all over the internet for the amplifier harness.. any idea from where i can purchase it??