Correct TPMS Sensors?

Does anyone know if the 2016 Edge came equipped with more than one type of Tire Pressure sensor? 

I'm seeing conflicting information from our dealer, and the Ford Parts online catalog even when the VIN is used to determine the correct TPMS. The dealer says according to the 8 last digits of the VIN the vehicle rolled off the line with 315Mhz sensors. However, when you use the VIN to search the Ford Parts catalog is says the vehicle requires the 433Mhz sensors, price is pretty much the same, but availability of the 433Mhz sensor is sketchy and 315Mhz seems to be most common. Confused, yes! :confused:

Our Edge was built on August 2, 2016.

And like a lot of folks north of the 49th Parallel, we're getting ready to put snow tires on for this upcoming winter. The sensor issue has slowed me down a touch. I could run without them, but then the dash TPMS warning light would probably be on all winter until I put the summer wheels / tires back on.

BTW, I found the best deal for tires in Toronto, (literally half the cost of Canadian Tire,  Costco, the local tire store, or our dealer) not far from us and I will post that experience once the transaction is completed November 10th when we pick the tire / rim combination up from the seller. While the seller does ship right across Canada and shipping costs are quite reasonable, we're going to pick ours up in Toronto. Good turn around time too. The reason we are delayed until November is that the correct 18" rim with 42mm offset will not be available until the first week of November.

So getting back to my question, does anyone know which sensor the Edge typically uses, or did Ford switch sensors part way through the production year?

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to our selling dealer a week or so ago.

He checked the RPO for the Edge using the sequence number of the VIN and it rolled off with 315MHz sensors.

I told the seller that I wanted to go with the 315MHz sensors.

They will supply and install Schrader EZ-sensor 33500 (Snap-In) - a dual 315 / 433 Mhz sensor,

although Amazon says this does not 'fit' the Edge, - probably because it is dual band and not 315Mhz specific.

If they don't work, the seller will swap them out.