Good Deal?

Hi. I am completely new to this forum and to car forums in general. I have been browsing though the forums and have found a lot of great information and am excited to be here.

Just got my 2008 Vapor Silver Edge SE and think I got a good deal but would like some feedback. This all happened pretty fast as my VW Passat was in the shop and it wasn't looking good at first so I needed to get something quickly. My 1999 VW Passat had quite a few issues and I think I could have gotten maybe $3000 (on the high sidfe) if I sold it to a private party. Anyway, I went with the lease deal as I couldn't afford a higher payment right now and frankly I liked the idea of owning something temporarily that is covered by a bumper to bumper warranty. I have always bought and paid for used cars and I usually end up dumping too much money into the repairs.

Anyway, the deal I got was no money down (they gave me $1800 for the Passat which I was fined with and applied that to the down) and lease payments of $296 per month for 3 years. It is the base model with 17 inch wheels, with few minor upgrades. i.e., Sirius, 6CD Premium Sound System and Cargo Mgmt system.

I felt like this was a good deal for a lease. The residual payoff amount is around $12,000. Any thoughts?

My regrets...I really want a set of the Premium 18" painted wheels which I had no idea existed until a few days after I got the car. I am not a fan of the chrome wheels too much and I thought that was all that existed. I also wish I had pushed for a few extras like a trailer hotch and cargo area cover, but oh well.

Thanks in advance.

BTW _ I live in Santa Barbara, CA and things are typically more expensive here anyway, so it may not compare that great to other areas but for a coastal town in CA I think it is pretty good