Gen 2 Ford Edge 4.2" to 8" Conversion

Hi everyone, I'm looking for resources on upgrading the 4.2" screen to an 8" screen in my 2017 Ford Edge SE. I'm familiar with sourcing the proper screen/APIM, upgrading the USB hub, adding the GPS antenna, and sourcing an FCIM with 8" cutout, but I'm wondering if anyone else has undertaken this and if any connector pins need to be rewired. 4D Tech sells a conversion pigtail, but I'm looking to avoid the $300 expenditure if it's been documented elsewhere how to do the conversion. Could anyone point me towards resources they used to do the conversion? If there are 2nd gen Edge examples, that would be extra helpful. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else that has this same question, I found a great guide for the pin moves on a Mustang forum. Per my research, all the pin changes should be the same, unless you do not have dual climate. Then you need to wire the passenger climate wires to the driver pins to make the bezel work properly. Other than that, looks very manageable. I'll add a link if forum rules allow.