New Edge Owner

USAF_Ron

After being without an SUV for myself (my wife has a Torrent), I decided to get back into something similar. I picked up an 08 Edge Limited, Vapor Silver with Black Leather Seats. While lurking through the forum, I saw that some of you had bought a side molding in attempt to stop door dings. Nothing more frustrating!!! So I went on EBay and bought one from Sportwing and had it installed at a local body shop. They didn't want to charge me, but I gave them a gift card to a local sandwich shop. Next to purchase is the trunk liner. What a pleasure to drive. Now if I can only get my Blackberry to Sync correctly so I can hear the phone GPS over the sound system.

post-4326-1218922615_thumb.jpg

Welcome and the new ride looks sharp.

It should not be a problem to get the blackberry to pair up with the sync. Just be thankful you don't have a Palm Treo, they are a ton of fun to pair up.

Door dings are unfortunate but all to common. One thing to watch out for when you have someone in the back is park in to the wind. The height and shape of the rear door is just right for getting caught by a strong wind when they are opened and it will nail the car beside you if it gets blown out of the passengers hand. Of course the door doesn't line up with other cars side moldings so you can really put a ding in the other vehicle. I found out the hard way with my kids on day. The other driver told me not to worry about it as his car was already beat up and he didn't care (thank you !). Live and learn.

Enjoy the new Edge

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the club. Give us a comparison of the Edge and your wife"s Torrent. I've always read that

the Torrent/Equinox are pieces of junk. True of false?

I wouldn't say that the Equinox / Torrent are pieces of junk, but I like the Edge MUCH better! One thing I hate about the Torrent / Equinox is that the turning radius is horrible. One thing I dislike about the Edge is that I'm not able to engine brake as much since it's only either L or D.

After being without an SUV for myself (my wife has a Torrent), I decided to get back into something similar. I picked up an 08 Edge Limited, Vapor Silver with Black Leather Seats. While lurking through the forum, I saw that some of you had bought a side molding in attempt to stop door dings. Nothing more frustrating!!! So I went on EBay and bought one from Sportwing and had it installed at a local body shop. They didn't want to charge me, but I gave them a gift card to a local sandwich shop. Next to purchase is the trunk liner. What a pleasure to drive. Now if I can only get my Blackberry to Sync correctly so I can hear the phone GPS over the sound system.

Nice ride Ron.

BTW thanks for your service to our country.