Our new Edge

After looking for ever and really wanting the Trailblazer SS I finally gave in and bought the wife what she wants>

08 Edge Limited

Creme Brulee

Leather

20" Chrome Wheels

Vista Roof

Nav

Power Liftgate

Sirius (do they make them without it anymore :( Every car I looked at had it :( )

Sticker is $38465

Got it for $32448 + tax

X Plan

2 grand off

another 2 grand off

0.9 finance

Im not sure if I got the best deal, but it was the best I could get out of them.

So far we love it

Gas mileage has been around 22.

Only complaint so far is the lack of power and visibility.

Only complaint so far is the lack of power and visibility.

Don't complain about the lack of power when you were wanting a Trailblazer SS! Everything is going to seem underpowered after driving that beast! The SS is a heck of an SUV, but you pay dearly at the pump.

Edited by Hardhawk

• 7 months later...
So what do you think of the deal?

How much would I have saved with A plan?

A plan/X plan im pretty sure there both the same. My grandfather worked at ford for a loooonngggg time, and my uncle works there right now too. When i purchased my mustang...the A plan was the X plan...the dealer said it was the same thing.

A plan/X plan im pretty sure there both the same. My grandfather worked at ford for a loooonngggg time, and my uncle works there right now too. When i purchased my mustang...the A plan was the X plan...the dealer said it was the same thing.

Hi Four Door. :D A-Plan and X-Plan are not the same price plan.

X-Plan is a "Friends and Family Plan" and is essentially Factory Invoice Price. Then you also would qualify for all other publicly available Incentives.

A-Plan is "Employee Pricing". It is quite a bit lower than X-Plan/Factory Invoice. A-Plan is essentially "Dealer Cost" for the vehicle, including all Dealer holdbacks. And then you still are eligible for all publicly available Incentives.

A and Z-Plan are the same pricing plans. A-Plan is for active employees, Z-Plan is for retirees. But X-Plan is definitely a higher price.

Also, according to AXZ-Plan rules, you would qualify for A/Z-Plan through your Grandfather. A/Z Plan eligible family members are Spouses, Parents and In-laws, children and stepchildren, grandchildren, brothers and sisters, step brothers and sisters, bother and sister in-laws.

Through an Uncle, you would only qualify for X-Plan. Nieces and nephews are not eligible for A/Z-Plan. They are only eligible for X-Plan. And A-Plan is also a much lower price than X-Plan.

The Dealer that gave you that information was mistaken, or there was some type of mis-communication.

Hope this information helps clear up any confusion.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530