Painted Door handles

I have an SE model and was a little bummed that Ford didn't put painted door handles on this model. Especially when ALOT of other car companies have them on sub $20k vehicles in their line-up.....but whatever.....that's a different topic altogether.

Anyways, I purchased some plastic chrome handle covers on ebay intending to have them professionally painted...but when they arrived, I noticed that they fit for the most part, but there was a decent amount of area of the existing handles still showing towards the edges. Does anyone have any experience with these or know of a place to buy a better fitting set....if possible.

thanks in advance.

Edited by wthrower

I have an SE model and was a little bummed that Ford didn't put painted door handles on this model. Especially when ALOT of other car companies have them on sub $20k vehicles in their line-up.....but whatever.....that's a different topic altogether.

Anyways, I purchased some plastic chrome handle covers on ebay intending to have them professionally painted...but when they arrived, I noticed that they fit for the most part, but there was a decent amount of area of the existing handles still showing towards the edges. Does anyone have any experience with these or know of a place to buy a better fitting set....if possible.

thanks in advance.

What color is your edge?