Lag and Shaking

dtappeiner

2008 Edge SE with under 1000 miles on it. I have noticed a few things on occasion and wonder if I should take in for service. One is that there has been a lag a few times when I have pressed on the gas. The other is while I have been stopped I have noticed what feelso like a very mild eartquake...like the car is shaking but it's not too noticeable. And it may be just me but I feel as though the car doesn't sund quite right. Hard to explain but it seems to sound different than when I first got it. It sounds a little whiny and the shift points seem wrong as the RPMs seem to be going high without a lot of corresponding movement from the car.

Should I just take this in and have them plug into the computer to check for error codes?

Thanks

Edited by dtappeiner

2008 Edge SE with under 1000 miles on it. I have noticed a few things on occasion and wonder if I should take in for service. One is that there has been a lag a few times when I have pressed on the gas. The other is while I have been stopped I have noticed what feelso like a very mild eartquake...like the car is shaking but it's not too noticeable. And it may be just me but I feel as though the car doesn't sund quite right. Hard to explain but it seems to sound different than when I first got it. It sounds a little whiny and the shift points seem wrong as the RPMs seem to be going high without a lot of corresponding movement from the car.

Should I just take this in and have them plug into the computer to check for error codes?

Thanks

Hi dtappeiner. :D Yes, taking it to the Dealer for service would be your best course of action.

In the mean time, see if you can duplicate the problem under particular driving conditions. In this way, if you can duplicate it while you have the car in for service (short drive with the Tech when you drop it off), it will be easier for the Tech to find the possible cause.

Internet diagnosis is spotty at best, and worthless at its worst.

Good luck. :beerchug: