reverse light additional light

p7363

good afternoon, I want to add 2 x LED cube on my hitch so when I back up at night, i can see.  i wanted to add a fuse tap adapter for the backup light fuse.  So when putting vehicle on reverse, it would send signal to the relay and send power to the LED lights.  I tried searching online to find the fuse # and location for reverse lights, no luck, I called 2 different dealers and they both told me that reverse light are controlled by the BCM and if I add something to the circuit, I would "change" the Voltage and Amp and the lights would just not work (LED and OEM reverse lights)  anyone tried this before? I do not want to slice in the wiring harness..... thanks in advance

9 hours ago, JasonD said:

Do you have a trailering harness? I tapped into the reverse lights on the trailering Harness on my 2011 Chevy traverse as I just use the 4 wire for my trailer. Nothing extra required. 

I do have the trailer package which includes only 4 wires, left signal right signal park light and ground.  I wish I would have a wire for the back-up lights, it would make my life way easier!!!  Next week ill try to tap on the wire feeding the back-up light to see if it will trigger the relay.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, JasonD said:

I did forget to mention I have the 7pin mounted to the hitch and I use a 4pin adapter. Hopefully you get that to work! Maybe even worse case scenario, you put in an auxiliary switch so that way you only use it when needed. 

That's what i wanted to avoid.  My front led bar is wired that way and i wish i could just add a "tap-a-fuse" thing in the fuse box but i guess it's not possible!