Help Tracking a MKX VIN Please

foglight

I would greatly appreciate any help someone there could give me tracking the following VIN for a MKX:

2LMDU88C17BJ14147

I would also like to commend the Oakville employees for the outstanding job they are doing on the MKX/Edge. I test drove the MKX and it was love at first drive. The fit and finish were superb and attention to detail was beyond compare. This is one beautiful vehicle.

You've done yourselves proud and your work speaks for itself.

Thank you in advance for any info you can generate. Can't wait to get it !!

I would greatly appreciate any help someone there could give me tracking the following VIN for a MKX:

2LMDU88C17BJ14147

I would also like to commend the Oakville employees for the outstanding job they are doing on the MKX/Edge. I test drove the MKX and it was love at first drive. The fit and finish were superb and attention to detail was beyond compare. This is one beautiful vehicle.

You've done yourselves proud and your work speaks for itself.

Thank you in advance for any info you can generate. Can't wait to get it !!

foglight,

Since you just ordered your MKX, based on other VIN# info, expect about at least 4-6 weeks before shipment.

Receipt Date: 2/6/2007

Serialize Date: 2/8/2007

Segment Date: 2/8/2007

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

foglight,

Since you just ordered your MKX, based on other VIN# info, expect about at least 4-6 weeks before shipment.

Receipt Date: 2/6/2007

Serialize Date: 2/8/2007

Segment Date: 2/8/2007

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Jrod

Thank you VERY much for the quick reply. Now I'm confused. Was told by the dealer this vehicle was ordered on 2/12/'07. Should also have been ordered in my name under a Z Plan. Thought it strange they called (3) days later with a VIN already and an order number starting with an X prefix. Would this denote an X-Plan order? They also said it would be in the 3rd week of March. At any rate, the above receipt date you're showing is PRIOR to them ever laying eyes on me. Is it possible to change an order after it's placed... i.e., dealer already had an order in and amended it to fit mine? They were supposed to mail me a copy of the DORA but as yet have not. If you have time could you possibly verify this order as:

MKX-AWD

Light Sage/Greystone

Ultimate Package

NAV System

THX Sound System

Rear Seat DVD System

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Heated Rear Seats

Class II Trailer Tow Package

Rear Cargo Management System

Hate to be a pain but but nothing more credible than the source directly.

Many thanks for your time.

Jrod

Thank you VERY much for the quick reply. Now I'm confused. Was told by the dealer this vehicle was ordered on 2/12/'07. Should also have been ordered in my name under a Z Plan. Thought it strange they called (3) days later with a VIN already and an order number starting with an X prefix. Would this denote an X-Plan order? They also said it would be in the 3rd week of March. At any rate, the above receipt date you're showing is PRIOR to them ever laying eyes on me. Is it possible to change an order after it's placed... i.e., dealer already had an order in and amended it to fit mine? They were supposed to mail me a copy of the DORA but as yet have not. If you have time could you possibly verify this order as:

MKX-AWD

Light Sage/Greystone

Ultimate Package

NAV System

THX Sound System

Rear Seat DVD System

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Heated Rear Seats

Class II Trailer Tow Package

Rear Cargo Management System

Hate to be a pain but but nothing more credible than the source directly.

Many thanks for your time.

foglight,

I cannot verify orders. I just work in a Cleveland Ford plant, and have access to Ford's internal VIN# tracking system. Perhaps your dealer just gave you the wrong date accidentally. Maybe they gave you the wrong VIN#. However, it is my understanding that once a vehicle is serialized (given a VIN#), it cannot be modified. Any modification must be done fairly quickly to beat the Serialization Date. As far as your X prefix on your order number, I do not know. When ordering a vehicle, the computer shouldn't need to know if it is A, X, or Z Plan. If I were you, I'd express your concern with your dealer, and they can give you some specifics on your order number and clarify any other concerns you might have.

foglight,

I cannot verify orders. I just work in a Cleveland Ford plant, and have access to Ford's internal VIN# tracking system. Perhaps your dealer just gave you the wrong date accidentally. Maybe they gave you the wrong VIN#. However, it is my understanding that once a vehicle is serialized (given a VIN#), it cannot be modified. Any modification must be done fairly quickly to beat the Serialization Date. As far as your X prefix on your order number, I do not know. When ordering a vehicle, the computer shouldn't need to know if it is A, X, or Z Plan. If I were you, I'd express your concern with your dealer, and they can give you some specifics on your order number and clarify any other concerns you might have.

jrod

Again...thanks very much for the prompt reply. Will clarify the VIN with the dealer and check back here for status in a month or so.