2008 Ford Edge

cmorin

I just purchased my 2008 Ford Edge back in June. It's been in the service center 3 times now for many issues. i.e. the car begins to stall going up hills - 3 times this has happened, the car suddenly down shifts and jerks you forward, but no brakes are applied. 2 times it has taken 2-3 times to start the car. No power at all. Its like the battery is dead, but then all of a sudden the car starts. One day I was driving and the digital dashboard went out for a few minutes and then came back on again.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had these issues. The service center can't find anything. Nothing reports on the computer system. They are putting a monitoring system on the car to record any issue(s). But, the problem is that it happens so infrequently.

bummer to hear.. I had crap like this on my new VW years ago, thankfully, this time around has been smoother.

I have read about these issues before, but all as separate events on different cars and not all on 1 car. clearly, is is a computer glitch driving these problems. I would suspect that if they have hooked up some sort of monitoring device, they will now start to catch the issues as it seems you have had all this over 3 months so they will likely catch them next time they happen.

report back what they find out.. if anything