Automatic Transmission Condenser Lines

Big Foot

My 2011 Edge started leaking Transmission Fluid. Ford said I needed a new Cooler/ AC Condenser. Ordered new Part. Condenser. When taking eveything apart I found 

the leek in the connection where the line connects to the cooler. Quick Disconnect on one line and Flair on the other. Cant find out anywhere it showes a part # for a 

new replacement O-ring for the connector anywhere. Do you have to replace the whole line to get the O-Ring?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found the problem. The Line #1 Above Has an O ring in the fitting that goes on the condenser. That is what I was looking for. It seems in the ford edge the AC Condenser and the Transmission Cooler are one Piece. In past cars the Trans Cooler was in the Radiator. That's why they said I needed to change the Condenser. The problem turned out to be the Female quick connect fitting on Line #1 above. Only it was not the O ring leaking but the fitting itself had a hair line crack In it. So much for believing ford service. Did not need to change the condenser, only the line. 250.00 part change out for no reason.  Line was only 60.00. Ford wanted 1800.00 to change out the Condenser. All together I had around 350.00 in parts and fluids in the job. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello, I'm looking for a part number for item #1 in the diagram above. I'm hoping it will fit a Costa Rican version of the

2011 Ford Edge SEL

VIN# 2FMDK4JC3BBB49222

Plate 896550

It resembles the one on the car here I'm working on. 

Believe it or not in Costa Rica they look up parts by the licence plate number. Terrible system.

Can someone tell me where to get one or give me the part number if you know where to find it? Or the part number for the American version. I can try the number if there's not a source for parts online in Costa Rica is usually the problem with all the cars here of all different makes and models.

I'm an American citizen I live and work in Costa Rica which I don't recommen, but seriously. I have a child born here that's why I don't live leave. Or live . The trouble with Costa Rica amongst other issues is getting parts is very very challenging because Costa Rica doesn't have the systems or the mind to have the systems that the United States has and taxation of importing anything is extremely high. That said, 80% of the work is finding the parts and hoping you received the correct parts and half the time you don't. Appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you.

Al