Positive battery cable fix

Hello,

Was hoping to find a simple and budget friendly solution to my battery cable problem.  As you can see the positive cable has somehow come off the terminal.  In searching for a fix on this, I'm coming up with having to purchase a complete battery cable assembly system instead of just a single cable.  Any recommendations on a good parts site that won't be too expensive.  Or any suggestions on an alternative fix for this, would be great news.  Speaking of which if anyone else has encountered this, do I need a special tool to crimp the terminal onto the cable... I'm finding it very difficult to clamp that down. 

BTW - the cable itself appears to be too short to fit properly onto the battery terminal. So perhaps adding some kind of extension may also be a solution??

You'll have to forgive my ignorance I'm not much of a novice mechanic just trying to safe a little $$ so I'm hoping my post makes sense.

Much appreciated!

Cable_Positive Terminal.jpg

If it was mine, I'd use a mini butane torch and rosin core solder - spread the clamp crimp area, secure the copper cable in it, squeeze the crimp area onto the copper cable, then carefully heat with butane torch while applying the rosin core solder.

Arrange the wring loom to give enough slack for the repaired connector to reach the battery terminal, secure everything and coat with Battery Terminal Protector.

"Crimping tools are designed to create an air-tight seal between the cable and the connector. ... Crimping offers stronger, more reliable connections than soldering. Soldering uses heated metal to join the cable to the connector. Over time, this filler metal will degrade, which may cause the connection to fail."

I have a hydraulic crimp tool I use for battery cables. If the cable is to short, replace it or go to a marine supply or such store and get a butt crimp connector and a few inches of cable to extend it. Shrink wrap the extension.