2011 Edge 3.5 3K bill

lightning4eva

Evening all,

Story from this week on my 2011 Ford Edge SEL w/170K

So my former Edge that the future X drives had a bad week.  Monday it stranded her in Town. I went down and Jumped it and replaced the battery later that afternoon.  Drove it to drop off the old battery and was fine.

She mentioned it seemed a little off while idling on occasion the next day on her drive.  She pulls into work on Tuesday morning 25 miles away and it dies.  Co-workers come out and besides not starting, coolant is almost gone.

Get it towed to Ford Tuesday night.

Timing Tensioner is worn and allowed timing to get off a little causing the engine to be dogging a bit.

Water pump died too

2.5K to get it fixed or they'd give me the same for a trade in.

Her car, her choice, but we're also doing new plugs, and alternator (original) so the total will approach 3K

Anything else you all recommend to ask them to look at or replace?

Its in amazing shape overall.  Suspension has less that 20k (KYBs w/H&Rs), new rear brakes, Taurus SHO rims w/great rubber for summer, Original rims w/good winter tread.  Doesn't burn any oil.  No Tranny or PTU issues (just got all the fluids in the mail for my annual drain and fills).

Thanks!

Mickey

• 3 months later...