condensation in 2015 Edge tail lights

gcon1

Hello All,

Very new here, so Hi and I hope you're all well. I have an issue that'd I'd appreciate any feedback about. My Edge is five years old, and the central section of rear tail lights are permanently wet from condensation. Ford has replaced this assembly twice, and it has now failed for the third time. I enquired first about another good will replacement (no), and replacement cost is about $1200 plus, so decided to live with it as Ford won't guarantee a replacement against failure (I could face another huge bill at any point),. And now I have rust bubbling through on the tailgate below that centre assembly, no doubt caused by the permanent damp.

Contacted Ford complaints people but so far have only received the usual pro-forma 'thanks for contacting us' stuff. My initial impression is, car's out of warranty, you're on your own (even if this is plainly a design or material defect, not a wear and tear item). This is a real shame as the Edge has been mechanically pretty much bulletproof. But why would I buy another after this experience? Frankly, I'm liking the look of Mazda's CX-9 as next wheels. 

I’ve been considering a 2017 Edge 2.7T for my daughter and currently own a 2018 MKX. The issue you refer to has not been picked up yet on any of my 3 previous Lincolns, but I did see something similar when researching a 2008 Escalade. the headlamps get the same issue and run about $1000 per pair before ballast, bulb, and installation.  You might want to look at aftermarket housings, as well as if there is a lower cost OEM which fit your vehicle.