Front Camera issue - 2018 Sport

Got the car back from the dealer after they replaced the front camera. The split view still doesn’t work and when I got home the camera stopped working again. I now get a message that says “camera is unavailable”. The next morning it worked again on wide view, but not on split view. Anyone have any ideas? The dealer is working with Ford to find out whats going on. They don’t understand why split view isn’t working. I wonder if there’s a connection issue somewhere?

To follow up on what I said the service manual says this when replacing the front camera: "Follow the instructions on the scan tool to configure the front parking aid camera."

To be perfectly honest, that is rather vague and there is nothing that jumps out in IDS (thats the scan tool/software/computer the dealer uses) as something to configure the front camera so I could easiliy see this step being skipped over.  

When the camera is replaced though a procedure called LIN Module Initialization needs to be done.  This is under the diagnosis section for the front camera not being configured:

• PERFORM the front camera configuration using a diagnostic scan tool under Electrical>Service Functions>LIN New Module Initialization.

Maybe be specific when you talk to them and sound like you know your stuff and ask them if they used IDS to do the LIN New module initialization after they installed the new camera. 

I doubt 2 new cameras would be bad.

• Like 3

The dealer ended up having to replace the front wire harness. Just picked up the car tonight and all is finally working as it should. The screen  finally shows the small vehicle symbol in the top left too, It hadn't shown that before. Both 180 degree and split view work great. Honestly don't know if its a feature I'd use alot, but nonetheless it should work if you pay for it. lol

• Like 4