Snyc texting with the Blackberry Curve 8310

msarcia

:banghead: I am really frustrated with the texting feature on the Edge Sync system ! My 13 year old daughters (free) Erickson phone text feature works with my car because of the bluetooth text feature BUT my Blackberry Curve ($400 plus) is not compatable.

Does anyone know of any upgrade or options available through BB that will allow the phone text feature to communicate with the Sync?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Maria

:banghead: I am really frustrated with the texting feature on the Edge Sync system ! My 13 year old daughters (free) Erickson phone text feature works with my car because of the bluetooth text feature BUT my Blackberry Curve ($400 plus) is not compatable.

Does anyone know of any upgrade or options available through BB that will allow the phone text feature to communicate with the Sync?

Maria

It's not the Sync system you should be frustrated with - it's the blackberry. How old is it? Check for and apply any firmware updates for the blackberry - it simply doesn't support the bluetooth text message protocols. If that doesn't work check with your phone provider or blackberry or syncmyride.com .

• 3 weeks later...

Maria

Hi there:

I was just wondering if you have resolved your issue? I'm looking into a 8310 and of course would like the feature to work. Have you checked the version of software on the phone, I've been doing some research on this, and it seems that its a phone issue not Sync. I found it very difficult to contact someone from Blackberry so I'm not sure how to inform someone that there is a problem. I went to the FAQ's and there is nothing regarding Sync. The fix will have to be initiated by a phone call to Blackberry by an owner or store that you purchased the phone from.

-paul