How to have least amount of lights come on when opening doors

I've had my 2016 Edge for about a year so far and went camping twice with it so far. I'm going camping again next week and want to be as prepared as possible this time. When parked at our camp site, family members have a tendency to open the doors and lift gate many times throughout the day to either get supplies or return things back in the vehicle. When trying to conserve as much battery charge as possible it seems super wasteful that when a door is opened a bunch of exterior light come on and so do dash screens. From what I've looked into, I don't think there is a way to have the vehicle just be old-school and have nothing happen when doors are opened. Is that correct? Any tips at all or checks I can do to confirm that I'm setup for the least amount of juice used when a door are opened?

There should be a button on the overhead console that will kill the vast majority of the lights. I'm not sure if it will reset after the car is turned off for an extended period of time. I forget exactly what it looks like. But it's towards the left side & maybe the 2nd button in from the left side. 

What @lildisco stated above, this is to turn off the interior lights from coming on with an open door. If you want to also prevent the exterior light from coming on, you'll need to use ForScan to enable "Silent Mode". This will give you an option on the instrument cluster under vehicle setting to enable it. When enabled, no light will come on (parking/puddle...etc.) when opening a door or the liftgate when the vehicle is off. 

720-04-01 xxxX xxxx xxxx add 4 to the X value.