17 Edge Titanium AWD New owner, two issues

17Ville2.0

Just bought our 17 Edge Titanium AWD 2.0T a week or so ago and loving it so far, just having two small issues.

Check engine light came on and went off a couple times now after a rough idle on a cold start, pulled the code and it’s P0301 cylinder 1 misfire. Car drives totally fine after the rough idle clears up, and seems to only be on cold starts lasting maybe 10 seconds or so then the idle sorts itself out and we’re good.

I’ve done some looking around and I’m thinking I’ll start with plugs, then coil packs if the issue persists. I’ll update later on this one.

Also another weird thing that we’re seeing that just seems to be a thing across a lot of ford models is the waterfall sound. We’ve got the waterfall sound from the dash sometimes on startup and sometimes at stoplights and such, which from my research seems to be just a design thing possibly with the heater core with some fords, wondering if anyone here knew any more about this.

Another related issue is the sloshing sound upon acceleration and turning, which from my googling seems to possibly be a clogged evap drain hose. Was going to try to tackle this tomorrow by pulling the hose and shooting some air in there to see if it’s clogged like I saw in some videos I found, but every video I’ve found with this exact issue is for a first Gen and our layout seems to be a little different for this. Wondering if anyone could shed some light on differences for this between first and second Gen.

Thanks for any and all help guys!

Edited by 17Ville2.0