Aiming foglights ...

Greetings folks. First post ! I just picked up an 08 Limited and am loving it so far. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on how to aim the foglights. They seem dreadfully low.

Hi weasel. :D There are some basic instructions on how to access the foglights from underneath the front end (you need to first remove the front underbody splash shield).

There is not much adjustment built into them, as fog lights are supposed to be aimed low. In fact, when fog lights are aimed properly, many people believe they are aimed incorrectly, when in reality they are just the way they should be. If they are aimed too high, the light will reflect off the water vapor in the fog and back in to the drivers eyes.

Essentially, if you park your car at night in front of a wall (about 25' away) and turn on your fogs and low beams, the upper light cut off from the fog lights should be visibly below the mid range of the low beams (less than two feet off the ground).

Of course, it is possible that your fogs were aimed wrong at the factory, so give them a check.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi weasel. :D There are some basic instructions on how to access the foglights from underneath the front end (you need to first remove the front underbody splash shield).

There is not much adjustment built into them, as fog lights are supposed to be aimed low. In fact, when fog lights are aimed properly, many people believe they are aimed incorrectly, when in reality they are just the way they should be. If they are aimed too high, the light will reflect off the water vapor in the fog and back in to the drivers eyes.

Essentially, if you park your car at night in front of a wall (about 25' away) and turn on your fogs and low beams, the upper light cut off from the fog lights should be visibly below the mid range of the low beams (less than two feet off the ground).

Of course, it is possible that your fogs were aimed wrong at the factory, so give them a check.

Good luck. :beerchug:

At about 25' away, I don't think my fogs would be even shining on the wall. They are well below the lowbeam lights. I presume that it is a small Torx ? I did find something that I am pretty sure is the adjustment screw.