Moon Roof Trim

LUPID

Do you have any advice on how to get the trim pieces to stay put on the moonroof? Mine keeps popping off and getting caught in the track. 

I temporarily remove them so I can actually use the sunroof, but I would love to find a way to keep them in place. I’ve used electrical tape before but even as thin as that is, it gets caught in the track as you can see the tape residue in the picture

E09AACEA-D5A1-44EF-8BC4-499A80A46F4E.jpeg

I've had a simular problem. Initially I had been able to force the side shield back into position and that seemed to fix it.

Eventually the shield on the drivers side developed a desire for freedom and started crawling out of its attachment. I finally bit the bullet and bought new shields. I believe I paid around $80 but see the current price is now $104+. (This is for my 2009 MKX, may be different for other years).

Here's one link if your thinking of replacing them. Comes with the rubber rail and steel insert. 

(Again this is for a 2009 MKX. #10 on the diagram).

https://www.group1autoparts.com/v-2009-lincoln-mkx--base--3-5l-v6-gas/body--sunroof