How to remove the drivers side knee panel under the steering wheel.

I am installing a simple modification, a Pedal Commander that simply needs to have the connector removed from the accelerator pedal and the new connector plugged in to the accelerator pedal.  The problem is the connector for the accelerator pedal is up high and in a very awkward position.  If Driver's side knee panel under the Steering wheel is removed then access to the connector would be easy.

Does anyone know how to remove the panel or if removing the driver's side console side panel would give easy access to the electrical connector on the accelerator pedal.

Thank you for all replies and advice.  It looks like Ford changed the accelerator pedal position on the 2021 and 2022 model Ford Edge vehicles as my accelerator pedal location and appearance is nothing like I have seen in any video that makes things look easier

than eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Thanks to all that reply and for any help or assistance you can provide.

Dave

I may be wrong but looking at the Ford Repair Manual I bought, it looks like you pop out that rectangular do nothing piece on the left side of the driver's door which then reveals two screws.  You take out the two screws then pull off the panel as that is attached with the famous Rexkot clips.  I will give it a try tomorrow morning and if it works then I am in business with installing my Pedal Commander.  I had one on my Dodge Charger that I traded in for the Ford Edge and my daughter and son-in-law have one on their 2015 Ford Edge Titanium with the V6 engine. 

Wish me luck... we will see what we will see tomorrow... .Ta Da

Dave over and out....