Pedal Commander install having troubles

I had a Pedal Commander on my Dodge Charger and it made a significant difference on how the car responded to the accelerator pedal.  I first found out about the Pedal Commander from my son-in-law who put one one his

2015 Ford Edge Titanium with the V6 engine.

So I figured I would put one on my new 2022 Ford Edge Titanium.  I looked at the video and it looked easy as can be but it was an earlier version of the Ford Edge.  I had the same issue with my 2022 installing a Auto-Stop Eliminator

as the videos were of an earlier model and looked really simple.

Anyway, I ordered it and looked in the car and was having problems reaching the electrical connector that plugs into the accelerator pedal.  Seems that Ford in 2021 raised up the location of the electrical connector and changed the

type of connector used.  I took a whack at installing it today with the same lack of success.  You can reach the little red retainer clip to release the connector but you can not get leverage to pull the connector out of the pedal.

I took off the Driver's side lower panel thinking I would be able to see the connector better, but NO way as there was still things blocking your view.  I then tried in vain some more to get the connector to pop out but no luck again.

I finally thought, OK, I will remove the accelerator pedal and then be able to reach the electrical connector while the pedal is loose.  I got the bottom bolt out but had no luck with the top bolt.  I decided to give up and as luck would have it

the bolt was being difficult in screwing back into the car.  After a half hour and a rest, I finally got the bolt back in and tightened what I had thought was the upper retaining nut.

I am wondering if anyone has installed a Pedal Commander or similar device on a 2021 or 2022 Ford Edge and if so how did they reach the electrical connector and pop it loose?  Kneeling next to the car and leaning in

is not fun as it hurts your stomach, even with the use of towels.  Anyway I will see if I can find any information, will read the Ford Repair manual again, but as memory serves me it just says to release the red

clip and pull the connector loose.  No help telling you what you might remove to get access to the area. 

Thanks once again to all that read this.  I am finding out with this car that what may appear to be easy things to install based on videos turns out to be a very major stress experience.  I have a lot of respect

now for the mechanics that have to work on these vehicles.  You could not pay me enough to deal with what the Ford Engineers put together.  Maybe it was intentional to keep people from doing their own

work and bringing the car back to the Dealership for each and every little thing.