2013 Edge Limited rear calipers

icee

Edited: Adding this for more information (in case you are ever in the same situation):

**Note: any parts numbers listed are for specific vehicle VIN numbers - please do your due diligence and verify any parts before you order**

- I called an out of state Ford dealer and spoke with their parts department. He verified that they did not have the calipers I listed (the L2MZ items, below) and that they were back ordered throughout their network. I referenced an alternate part number that was listed on my dealer's estimate and he said that those were incorrect based on my VIN.

- I asked him to give me any part numbers that should work on my Edge - he did, and they included these: NBRC-54-RM, NBRC-55-RM and BRCF-296, BRCF-297.

- I searched online for the BRCF models, and Rock Auto came up. Checking their site, they showed in stock.

- I then called my dealer's part department, spoke with the parts manager, and based on my VIN, he said the BRCF models would work and that he could get them in a day or so.

Why, when parts are showing back order with no known date for availability, someone in a company's parts department doesn't do (for them) any easy cross-reference of those parts to find something else is beyond me.

- Assuming that everything else goes as planned, buying all the parts except the calipers through online Ford retailers will result in a net savings of $500 - $550 depending on final taxes and shipping over my local dealer. (The overall work included new calipers, rotors, pads and brakes hoses for the rear, hoses for the front, brake line flush plus emergency brake cables being replaced).

Original post:

Vehicle is AWD and has the standard aluminum-clad 18" wheels.
Trying to find these parts "new", which have been back ordered everywhere I've checked. My dealer's service department gave me these part numbers:
L2MZ-2V552-DRM
L2MZ-2V553-DRM
(They are the remanufactured version Ford is using and come up as the correct parts). Prices listed online are in the $80 - $90 range.

On the assumption that I am unable to find any, has anyone used aftermarket calipers (and had them installed at the dealer)? If so, any information would be appreciated. My dealer's service guy said they don't have a problem installing customer-supplied parts, but I'm not sure if that included aftermarket items.

On a side note, Rock Auto does list, among others, Raybestos calipers that, looking at the photos they provide, appear to be remanufactured FoMoCo units. There are numbers on them, but I'm not sure where to cross-reference those numbers to see if they are the same as I listed above, or if they are old parts numbers, which were CT4Z-2552-A and CT4Z-2552-B. I asked, but wasn't given an answer at my dealer as to why or when those parts numbers would have changed (ran out of the CT4Z-2552-x models and started using remanufactured L2MZ... models??).
Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by icee
Added information