2014 ford edge no crank no start.

Danny91

Not sure where this goes so my apologies if this is the wrong spot. 

Started this past week. Went to the grocery store and on the way home it was getting dark. I noticed I didn’t have any headlights so I stopped at a parts store and checked the bulbs. Bulbs looked good so I checked the fuses. Fuses were good so I decided I’d check it out in the morning. Went to start the car and nothing. Just dash lights and that was it. The next day I decided I’d check over everything I could think of relating to the ignition system. Checked all fuses under the hood and inside car, if Ignition cylinder, switch, immobilizer, key, battery, starter and a few grounds. Still has the same issue. No crank no start. Had a friend that is a mechanic over to scan it and with no luck found nothing. Car doesn’t have a code for some reason and couldn’t find anything wrong. He did say the headlights were getting power so maybe the bulbs are bad from age. It’s a 2014 ford edge limited 3.5L. If anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear. Thanks 

Battery doesn't have enough power to start or run engine. As it happened while driving, it sounds to me like the alternator isn't charging (or battery is bad).

Batteries in modern cars must be tested for CCA and not just voltage.

Try charging the battery and see if it starts. If so, I'd suspect a bad battery or charging system.