Airbag conundrum - '07 Edge

Hi all,

I posted an intro and had to dive into what's been ailing my Edge.  I recently picked it up (4 months ago) and it has always had an airbag light.  I have a basic but decent OBD reader and it gave me several codes.  I Googled them and was steered to the clock spring as a possibility and/or the occupant classification sensor under the passenger seat.  Changing out both didn't help.  Some posts in this forum started off solid with similar issues, but were never followed up by the OP.

The codes I have are B2290, B2290-60, B2290-E0, B2293, and B2293-E0.  My scanner will not clear them.  Airbag light goes out for ~5 sec. after start up, but then comes back on.

The wires under the seats look intact.  No visual breaks or loose connections.  I did have an airbag recall when the vehicle was inspected and I went in to a local dealership to have it performed in hopes it would be fixed...nope.

So I'm hoping someone knows what it could be and if it is something a DIYer can do or if it has to go into the dealership and have something programmed/reprogrammed.  It doesn't look like it's been in an accident.  This is definitely more than just wiggling wires, reseating connectors, pulling the negative cable for 1 min. or 30 min. or overnight.  I'm looking more for an answer like the Autel MaxiSys can clear it or it can only be done by FORSCAN or I had the same issue and replacing the sensors under the front bumper cleared it.

As I understand it, the airbags will not deploy with the airbag light on which stinks.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE - codes have been whittled down to 2.  B2293 and B2293-E0.  I made an appointment for 09.13 to have someone with better knowledge than me check where the low resistance may be.  I ohm'd the clockspring and everything was within specifications so it has to be further in the dash or with the control module.  I'll update again when I hopefully get some diagnostic relief.