New 2009 Edge Owner :-)

Night_Owl

Hi Everyone,

I purchased and received a 2009 FWD Edge Limited with White Suede exterior and black leather interior on 1/23/09. I am absolutely delighted with this vehicle! From the exterior styling to the quiet cabin, comfortable seats, and responsive ride, the Edge rocks!

Coming from a 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE the Edge is a joy in so many ways. The spacious interior is perfect for my tall frame and the seats are equally as comfortable. The leather feels good and I like the tall height of the seat back. The interior mood lighting is also a nice touch.

Sync, however, is so much more than a nice touch. It is pure genius! Thank you Ford and Microsoft! I have the upgraded audio system without the Nav and I am able to stream music from my Samsung Omnia via bluetooth to the audio system ... awesome! The steering wheel controls for next song and previous song even control those controls in Windows Media Player on my phone. So dope!

Although I didn't get the Nav system I am contemplating having it installed in the future. My dealer said that it is possible, and I wonder if you have any experience with having it installed after the fact. Any pitfalls to watch out for? Is it worth it or am I better off buying a small portable unit like a Garmin or Navigon?

Being quite tall at 6'4" I decided to forgo the BAMR, which in my experience cut down on the headroom. I am curious if other people, say 6'3" and above feel that the BAMR cut into their headroom a bit too much also? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a complaint but rather a question. :-) Maybe if the Edge's driver seat could be lowered another two inches in future models the BAMR would work for us tall folks?

My decision process was actually a long one of about three months of reading, researching, and test diving before I decided on the Edge. After considering just about every SUV and CUV on the market I ended up test driving the Edge, Element, RAV-4, Outlook, Highlander, Explorer, and Pilot. I even sat in a Venza but felt the interior was much too small (not to mention the car is just plain ugly). The Edge won me over due to its interior comfort, exterior styling (yeah, I love the chrome grill), and its tech features like Sync, mood lighting, and puddle lamps (love those and how they slowly fade out). Many of the other vehicles I test drove, like the Element and RAV-4 felt like they were designed for smaller people (and probably were).

The moment I sat in an Edge it felt like it was designed for me. It truly is a pleasure to drive! Thank you Ford for designing, building, and selling this fantastic vehicle! I am so excited about owning mine and I look forward to future advances in future Edge models.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how handy the Power Liftgate is. I also really like the white stitching in the black leather as it picks up on the white exterior. Its little touches like that which I really like abut the Edge!

Edited by Night_Owl