Texting not working

I have a 2016 Titanium.  The texting was not working in it.  I finally had a bit of a chance to look into this, and just wanted to pass this on to anyone else having issues with their texting through the Sync system.

So the system recognized my phone, and would do all other functions it seemed, except texting.  The screen was just blank.  I looked in the manual, and one step in there was to check the settings in your phone.  I have an Apple iPhone XII.  Under Bluetooth, tap on whatever the connection is for your Edge.  Mine was something really stupid like "Bluetooth", or so (can't remember now), so I changed the name of it to "Ford Edge".  Now I can instantly recognized it under my Bluetooth devices.  So next, tap on the circled "i" (info).  On that screen is a lot of settings.  The one that make my texting work was "Show Notifications".  It was turned off.  I turned it on, and voila, all is better in the world.  

This is in case anyone else has this issue.  As I said, it all works now like it should.

• Thanks 1

I have 4 Ford I connect my phone to, and I always rename the SYNC item on my phones list of Bluetooth items to the vehicle name for the times I need to actually initiate a connection (mostly my older SYNC 1 and 1.1 cars). I have to do the same with the OBD-II adapters (I have some specialty ones, ones that work better with Ford, some with Toyota, etc so one doesn't really cut it).