Discolored Dash Trim Pieces

New Edge Forum member here  Not sure where to ask this question, so starting here.

I have a 2020 Edge Titanium, I just had appt with dealership. I showed my service advisor that the trim around my infotainment screen is turning pink. Trim is gray but is turning a pinkish color. It is most visible in the sunlight. It started out in a small spot but is spreading. Service advisor told me they check 2 other Edges that were in the service area and they too have the same discoloration so it was deemed "normal". Pretty sure this is a defect in the plastic - maybe not enough UV protectant added or ??? I'm not a plastic expert. I asked the advisor that if it was normal, why weren't the other pieces that are the same color also turning pink.  (Attempted to attach pic that illustrates but getting error msg that file is too large (even though pic size is smaller (3.3MB) than the stated limit, 4.88MB).

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this expanding discoloration on dash trim plastic pieces?

Thanks!

Patrick618

Reminder !!!!!!! - DO NOT use this forum for Ford Edge discussion. - Forum Help & Site Suggestions - Ford Edge Forum

Edited by 1004ron

• 5 months later...

In the right light, I have also noticed the color change, but just thought thats the color when the light hits it a certain way. I've read that the plastic used is called 'molded in color' so it's consistent throughout. Pull the panel off to see what the color is on the backside.