2009 Edge Dashmat/ Wood Trim Kit Reccomendation?

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good dash mat for an edge with black interior? I wish ford made one to match the seats. Will carpet look OK? I have never owned a dash mat and really don't want to have something tacky looking up there. I guess as long as it doesn't hang down on the front face of the dash at all it should be ok.

Can anyone share pics of theirs?

I've got a 2009 Edge Limited with White Suede exterior and black leather interior. I do have some of the reflection issues that I've been reading about in the forums, especially on a bright day. I don't think my issues are as bad as those with the lighter interiors.

Also, what do you think of using wood interior kits in an Edge? I've seen some which look cool but am not sure if the wood trim would go with the otherwise techie styling of the Edge, espcially the mood lighting.

Thanks!

• Like 1

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=19016

Nice kit there! That would be the only one I would buy.. Charcoal Cherry is the one in the pic - I had the same in my CX-7. Looks real nice.

ford-edge-2007-dash-kits-wde_cat.jpg

That dashmat site looks nice but I don't see one for the Ford EDGE. I don't like the look of dashmats but they look a whole lot better when used with those kinds of materials instead of cheap carpet.

Mazda-CX7-2007-Dash-Kits_cat.jpg

Closer shot of the material. That's a 2D kit though.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

Thats a sharp looking kit. I'd like to find a piece that matched the brushed aluminum a/c radio panel to put on the center console. Think it would look so much better.

Anyone ever seen that done?

The brushed aluminum is the closest look to the OE stuff. But nothing looks like the OE stuff, it's a unique pattern with the lines and such.

I have one on my MKX (black) & I like it. The fit is excellant & it looks good. The thing I like the best is no more glare on the windshield & side mirrors. The only negative is that it fits tight to the headlamp sensor & the headlights are on more often then before.

I have one on my MKX (black) & I like it. The fit is excellant & it looks good. The thing I like the best is no more glare on the windshield & side mirrors. The only negative is that it fits tight to the headlamp sensor & the headlights are on more often then before.

Good to hear you like it. The glare is killing me and I am glad it eliminates that. I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking ...

- How far down does it hang over the glove box?

- Does it also cover that center rubber thing which is meant for portable GPS units or whatever? That's a cause of glare in my Edge.

- Does it really look alright? I am hoping it kind of sinks in with the cars look as opposed to standing out. If the stitching is white it might look good with teh white stiching of my interiors leather.

Thanks!