Shift Cover Removal

I've read a couple posting that state the center console cover around the shifter "just snaps off." That's great but I haven't been able to locate any details, like which end do you start, are there clips that could snap off, etc. I appreciate it someone would point to or provide this information. Thanks in advance.

TL

I've read a couple posting that state the center console cover around the shifter "just snaps off." That's great but I haven't been able to locate any details, like which end do you start, are there clips that could snap off, etc. I appreciate it someone would point to or provide this information. Thanks in advance.

TL

Start from where the console storage opens an just pull up lightly they just snap in that it.

Be more specific the chrome piece dosent pop off the center cover that covers gear shifter does. That pops up then you take out 2 7mm bolts infont of arm rest.

The shifter an base are one piece.Only the grey part with cup holder around it come off an Shifter an base come pre assembled.

Edited by Dymes

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not feeling confident with this. I opened the storage door and slipped a butter knife under the grey plastic cover that extends the length of the console starting at the storage door end. I felt nothing but resistance and saw bending plastic. Should I be gently prying the entire edge all the way around? Without the benefit of drawings, I'd like more detail. Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not feeling confident with this. I opened the storage door and slipped a butter knife under the grey plastic cover that extends the length of the console starting at the storage door end. I felt nothing but resistance and saw bending plastic. Should I be gently prying the entire edge all the way around? Without the benefit of drawings, I'd like more detail. Thanks.

LOL just stick your 2 fingers in the little space an pull back like a banana I'll pop right off.