DVD headrest?

KMAN

Hi guys I am not yet a owner of my 09 Edge Limited.(Mar 25) :shades:

I was wondering on the measurement on the headrest if it was the same as the Ford Escapes headrest.

This on guy has them new in a box for 07 escape for a good price.

And why do they charge so much at the dealership ($2100) and you can buy then off the net for $1300. :wacko:

all kinds of DVD headrest topics on this forum. BUT, do not recall anyone stating the size similarity. but the bigger question is, color/style match from an 07 to an 09? that would be my big question. search around here and you will see options much cheaper than dealer with more ability and designed to color match better, so not likely a need to get an 07 escape when you can get something more matching and current.. there was a really great one recently in last few weeks with a discount offer, use search I am sure it will come up.

I did look at most of the dvd head rest topics but I didn't find the measurements .And google and all those other search engines do not work like they use to were you found information and not a lot of BS. Although it did find this forums for me !

My order for the Edge is the charcoal black leather with well maybe the Nav system in it . My wife wanted to kill me for that one. When ordering it I wanted the NAV but the price was a heart attack when you see the price. 2 weeks later still waiting for the build cause of plant shut down or something in Oakville . I broke down and called the Dealer and asked to see if he could throw it in . He said its not built but the order was in , How hard is it to change ? He said he was going to call me when he would find out in a week or 2 . So I might have the Nav system and I wasn't sure how non OEM dvd headrest would fit.

I hate the standard radio. YUCK !

sorry for the ramble lol

as I said above, I did not expect you to find measurements for an Escape here... IF you must have the DVD, I would buy Edge specific after market color matched DVD from those talked about here. many options...

As for Charcoal.. I have it and it is awesome. very clean and classy. And yes, I ordered mine also and once you put the order in, forget changing stuff.

as I said above, I did not expect you to find measurements for an Escape here... IF you must have the DVD, I would buy Edge specific after market color matched DVD from those talked about here. many options...

As for Charcoal.. I have it and it is awesome. very clean and classy. And yes, I ordered mine also and once you put the order in, forget changing stuff.

I Understand that I wont go that route..

I will wait till I get my Edge then check out the DVD headrest. my 2 things I don't like are the ones you feed the DVD on the side of the headrest and you have to flip the screen open.

I Understand that I wont go that route..

I will wait till I get my Edge then check out the DVD headrest. my 2 things I don't like are the ones you feed the DVD on the side of the headrest and you have to flip the screen open.

with the current state of affairs with Ford, and the plant shut down, I would be more worried about getting my car any time soon than the DVD players ;)

• 2 months later...
is there any website, where you can buy the dvd headrests and get them shipped. And is installation is a big issue?

I just got a set installed from Audiovox. Perfect colormatch to the Charcoal interior right down to the Ivory stitching. I got mine professionally installled.

is there any website, where you can buy the dvd headrests and get them shipped. And is installation is a big issue?

search here for 'DVD headrests" as there are several threads on it and several places and models available to buy depending on price, functions you want, color match.. some are a few hundred, some are 1k or so. many threads here with photos also.